The Kansas Singletrack Society (KSS) was formed in 2003 for the purpose of bringing together the mountain bike community in South Central Kansas to further our common goals. Some of those goals are:
• to coordinate the maintenance and development of trails in our area
• to educate mountain bikers and trail users in responsible and environmentally sound use of trails
• to educate the public about the availability of trails and promote mountain bike riding through group rides and trips, new rider workshops and training courses
• to provide enjoyable mountain bicycling experiences and social events for the mountain bicycling community, and at the same time using these events as an opportunity to educate and encourage riders
• to participate in these same activities on a regional and national scope by affiliating and partnering with like mind organizations such as the Kansas Trails Council and the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA).
Since KSS has been organized, members have spent many hours in maintaining and building mountain bike trails.